Thursday, May 4, 2017

Modern Abstract Painting "Bayou" by Elizabeth Chapman


Bayou
Acrylic on 20" x 20" canvas

Available

To purchase and/or for more information, email me: elizabethchapman@artlover.com

Website: here

To make a direct purchase from my etsy store: link here


I just paint! Whatever happens is what happens. This one is a small painting but it has lots of layers (paint) creating lots of surface texture. It wasn't that it was intentional, it's just that it took that long for this painting to emerge. Some are quick to find, other's take time.  I would define it as not only having RICH color, but also a rich surface texture. It can be seen by clicking on the zoom feature in my website or click here to see it. What do you think?!

SO, in titling I turned to my hubby who titles the majority of my paintings. Once in awhile, I come up with a good one. smile. Anyway, often he will asked, 'so, what does it remind you of?' To which I replied, 'can't you see it?!' 'it's like swampy, there's a tree, water, kinda has a southern feel to it'. Immediately, he came up with "Bayou"...and that's why we call him 'title man'!





No comments: