Tuesday, June 3, 2014

another adventure


Seraphic
Acrylic on 48"H x 36"W x 1.5" gallery wrap canvas

SOLD

Another adventure.  It's been slow getting back in and working after having moved into the new studio space.  I don't know how else to explain it other than I've heard of artist that put on and listen to the same music each time they begin a studio session.  After a while,  each time you put that particular music on there is an automatic "it's time to get to work" response. Kinda like that. I've been a little lost without  the familiarity of the same place where you step in and it's time to work.  Stepping in.  Below you see a start to the above painting.  I had no idea where it would lead, only that it was time to go on a new adventure. Like going on a vacation without a plan! just go...

I liked the initial start, yet knew it was nowhere near a completed painting.  I was actually stumped here, really stumped with parts that I didn't like. So, that led to … , how and what to cover up  these areas.  Modeling paste.  Liberally applied.  Wish I would have taken a picture of that step, because it was at that point that I really liked and began seeing the potential or what some might call the flow to this painting.  From that point on, every next color, layer, shape, etc., led to the next idea….until I reached that point of heavenly delight!




"It brings me much joy just to be the brush in the Master Painter's hand and to realize that His creations are made to bring great joy to all.  My paintings are a form of song, dance and praise in response to the beauty of life."   -Elizabeth
"Seraphic" is available from my Web Gallery: HERE
or email me: elizabethchapman@artlover.com


Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Artist

No comments: