Wednesday, April 9, 2014

full of life.


"Alacrity"
Acrylic on 40" x 40" x 1.5" wrap canvas
SOLD


SO rarely, but oh so sweet.  This one sold fresh off the easel and while the paint was literally still wet! I had just taken it off the easel to be photographed outside along with another painting.  Posted it on instragram, where it was seen by the buyer of "Highlight" , who then contacted me as a possible interest to her sister.  So, two of my paintings going to another pair of sisters! "Sisterlyties" was the last one. How is that for Sister Style? …loved this particular blog post written by my daughter's Elsie and Emma of A Beautiful Mess.  They also read my blog. And YES girls..I would prefer the blended version for the Coconut Toasted Margarita!  You'ld have to watch towards the end of this You Tube video to catch the question. Ok, so that was off the track.

No, I never drink while painting. I know it may look that way. Totally me. I can be deeply inspired by music. With this painting, I was listening to an instrumental artist named Yanni--If I Could Tell You-- that I found while reading the January issue of Visual Language Magazine.  Painting for me is much like an adventure, not really knowing where it will lead with each discovery leading to the next.  Purely intuitive.  This painting was so that way as I followed the flow enjoying the process of creating.  As I paint, my thoughts can be far removed from the actual painting process. Kinda like putting it on autopilot. In this case there was a lot of thankfulness and praise to God.


"It brings me much joy just to be the brush in the Master Painter's hand and to realize that His creations are made to bring great joy to all.  My paintings are a form of song, dance and praise in response to the beauty of life.   -Elizabeth


To find your expressionistic abstract painting please visit my online gallery: HERE
you can also sign up for my "new works notification" HERE where I list new paintings on a weekly basis.

Much thanks to Jennifer and Joan!


Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Artist

2 comments:

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Sweet! Now that does the artist heart good, to sell it while it's still drying! You must be so proud of your girls, I've just recently started following them on bloglov'n, amazing girls they have done so well.
Great post Eliz

Elizabeth Chapman said...

Thanks! yes…proud mom!!