Monday, February 24, 2014

inspiration.


Highlight
Acrylic on 40" x 40" x 1.5" wrap canvas

SOLD!
Thanks Jennifer!


It worked!  The initial spark of this painting came to me while we were driving down the road.  My husband likes to do the driving, not that I'm a bad driver….just the way he is. Men. So, anyway what to do.  Well, for a creative person it's a great time to work on ideas!  I envisioned a landscape composition with a beach in the foreground, bluish purplish mountains and sky.  Not sure that the blue area looks like mountains, but hey maybe it's water.  Now you know the initial inspiration for this painting and the outcome is pretty much true to that idea.  However,  it could have taken a different direction and then I would have had to been willing to let go of that idea.  Either way, that first inclination drove this painting.


More of my abstract paintings can seen in my Web Gallery: HERE


Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Artist

No comments: