Wednesday, March 19, 2014

figurative abstract.


Blessings
Acrylic on 10" x 10" canvas
Commission

This little figurative abstract was created from a photo of a young couple and their twin sons.  Fanny and I worked together going through many photos narrowing it down to this favorite. They live in Spain, but were in Argentina visiting family on the boys' first birthday in this photo.




Orange was not a color that they had in their home and one that she was particularly fond of, so I steered away from it.  My objective when painting these are to capture a feeling of the moment more  than an realistic representation.  Together, close and happy!


More of the figurative abstracts can be seen in my web gallery: HERE
Email me: elizabethchapman@artlover.com to customize yours!


Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Artist

3 comments:

Manon said...

It's beautiful.

Elizabeth Chapman said...

Thank you, Manon

fannyathome said...

I love it!! Thanks a lot Elizabeth!!