Thursday, August 15, 2013

narrowest street.....


Kissing Street
Acrylic on 24" x 24" x 1.5" wrap canvas

SOLD


Now and then a city scape type of painting will occur.  I was just playing with the shapes and lines in order to pull this painting together.  Not being sure that I liked it all, I left it alone for awhile.  When I came back, I saw it. It's one of those scenes you might see in an Italian type city.  Imagine yourself walking through a narrow street with buildings on both sides.  The windows are open, there are clotheslines hanging outside, a cool breeze in the air...it's a busy day.

After having given this description to my husband, he immediately found the title.  The narrowest street in Italy is called the "Kissing Street"... This scene really does exist!!

This painting is in my web gallery: HERE

Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Artist

No comments: