Thursday, May 24, 2012

Faith, Contemporary Abstract Painting by Elizabeth Chapman

'Faith'
Acrylic on 24" x 30" x 1.5"

for purchasing info. Email me: 
elizabethchapman@artlover.com




 As I was painting this abstract I was thinking about how it is so important for ME to BELIEVE in the art making process and that there will be a beautiful painting.  It is so easy to get wrapped up in thoughts that come from the world, rather than allowing myself to be totally engulfed in child like faith.  The result here was a bright and colorful abstract with a child like feeling, playing and having fun.


Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Artist

1 comment:

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

I'm so with you on that one, trusting the process and not getting lost in outside voices or even our own judgments of a piece. This does have such a delightful, fun feel to it