Tuesday, October 6, 2009

"Desire" Modern Contemporary Art Painting by Elizabeth Chapman


'Desire'


Acrylic on 24" x 48" (1.5) canvas


Enjoyed this one for a while as it hung in our living room!  I was asked to paint it by my husband,  with the intention of it being a birthday present for my sister-in-law, Karin.  I'll have to admit that I was a bit nervous about painting it as it was to be a surprise and .... well you know.  I knew she liked the Mediterranean (Italian) palette of red, yellow and green and chose to work with those colors, but  other than that I had no other preconceived idea as I began.  I was very pleased with it but it wasn't for me.  We took it to her house on Saturday and gave it to her... and she loved it!!!  It's being displayed above a beige couch in her living room.
Happy Birthday!!!
Karin

James 1:17


Women Artist of the Midwest 
Daily Abstract Painter Elizabeth Chapman

1 comment:

Russ K. said...

Hey, just a note to say I like your work and have put an image of your painting entitled "Desire" as my desktop background on my office computer.

The concept of desire is a very meaningful one for me...as a Christian. I could share more if you are interested...but for now I just wanted to express my gratitude in your being used by His Grace.