Sunday, August 30, 2009

if you must have it.... maybe...

Sewing Frenzy

Abstract Expressionism
Acrylic on 24" x 12" (1.5) canvas

To purchase contact: Elizabeth

This painting has actually come to have a lot of special meaning to me, so whether or not I can depart with it.... well maybe. It was one of those that was created in the grouping of the first abstracts last winter- you can read about it here. Upon my request for suggestions on titles a blogger friend had left a comment, that she saw a sewing machine and materials on a table. wow! I had not seen this until it was pointed out to me. My grandma "Lula" taught me how to read a pattern and sew at very young age. I practically made all my clothes in middle school and high school. I loved going to material stores, mesmerized by all the colors and patterns.... and so this painting was titled "Sewing Frenzy".




No comments: