Saturday, August 29, 2009

color overflow...

Pure Joy

Abstract Expressionism
Acrylic on 24" x 36" (1.5") canvas

This is another one of those that is difficult to capture with photographing all the small value variations that make the painting. It is a large piece and is absolutely gorgeous in real!! It began with the idea of painting mostly using the pure colors of red, yellow and blue. The ultramarine blue brought out the brilliance of the colors and the feeling of expression as I was painting was that of joy-"Pure Joy"

This painting became the color palette for another painting I am currently working on as a commission piece for Josh and Julie (they commissioned another painting "Better Two"several posts back). This time they wanted a larger 36" x 48" painting for their dining room. It is coming along fabulous and I am excited about sharing it but not before they see it!!
I think it may be my favorite yet!! .... ya, ya I know I think that everytime!

......so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow! John 15:11


No comments: