Monday, April 13, 2009

Just finished....

"Cycles"
Watercolor/Acrylic on Watercolor Canvas
18" x 24"

.....painting the sides on this abstract painting.  A little bit different this time in that I worked with transparent watercolors on a watercolor canvas.   Most often when I paint with watercolors it is realistically, but this time I decided I would try working abstractly with the watercolors on canvas.  That was the only pre-conceived idea that I had!!  The painting has been sealed with a protective varnish, so there won't be a need to matt and frame this watercolor.  Ready to hang!
Spent the day wiring the backs and painting the sides of acrylic paintings.  Beginning to get things ready for the June art show.  I know it's a ways away, but I'm not a very good procrastinator. Besides it just seemed like a good rainy day project.

No comments: