Thursday, April 16, 2009

Evolved from.......



"Rose of Bethlehem"
Contemporary Palette Knife Acrylic Abstract
20" x 24"


Celestial Rose to .......Thought it might be interesting to show how this painting evolved. The first painting is the under painting to the second painting. I wish I could say that I planned it all this way, but I can't- The first painting was an impression of a rose from a photograph. I really like it at first- and we had even titled it Celestial Rose- but I just was never satisfied with it. At times it reminded me of cotton candy and there just didn't seem to be enough, so I just kept thinking about changes that could be made. I decided that I wanted to keep the center of the rose, so I began by painting around it. From there one change led to the next, then to the next and next.....then wala! there it was...... Rose of Bethlehem.


No comments: