Saturday, June 2, 2018

It's not the long walk home but the welcome I receive....'Welcome Home' abstract painting by Elizabeth Chapman


Welcome Home

32 x 40 inch canvas

Available

Visit my website by clicking HERE to see more abstract paintings.




It's not the long walk home that will change this heart, But the welcome I receive at the restart"--Mumford & Sons

Painting is much like a dialogue that is carried on between myself and each mark, color, shape, etc., that is placed on the canvas. For it tells me what to add next, change or take away. Layers upon layers. Sometimes it means not being afraid to cover and re-start the painting continuing until one day that magical moment arrives as if it is saying- Welcome Home. (available by clicking: HERE)

It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23

No comments: