Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Some people feel the rain. Other's just get wet.


Come In Out Of The Rain

Acrylic on  25 x 33 canvas

SOLD

Available for purchase from my website: elizabethchapmanartwork.com



"Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet." Bob Marley

Experience. Life is full of them. I believe we were made to enjoy and fill our lives with the joy of the creation. Enjoying an abstract expressionistic painting is all about what it feels like to you as the viewer.  As an artist that is what I am pouring out onto the canvas. Feelings. Expressed by the use of color, lines, textures,etc., This painting "Come In Out Of The Rain", available for purchase by clicking: HERE was painted on a rainy day with one small window to the left of me while painting on an easel. I'm just sure I was influenced by the down pouring of the rain with memories of past experiences playing in the rain.  As I was writing this post it reminded me of a passage I read recently out of the book of Luke in chapter 7:29 in which Jesus describes the Pharisees as those having rejected the counsel of God being not baptized of him. Jesus goes onto to liken these men of this generation and to what they are like. I just absolutely loved what I feel I was being shown here because it testifies as to our being created to express our feelings. Let's dance, let's sing, let's laugh, let's celebrate, let's feel the rain!  It's a gift to enjoy! Here is how Jesus responded;

And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like? They are like unto children sitting in the marketplace, and calling to one another, and saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned to you, and ye have not wept.  Luke 7: 31-32

No comments: