Friday, January 24, 2014

Day TWENTY FOUR


Limitless
Acrylic on 30"H x 40"W x 1.5" wrap canvas
NFS


Day TWENTY FOUR…of the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge.  This painting was a special request from my daughter Emma for her and her husband's home.  She asked that it be a black and white painting. My  last attempt at a black and white painting was Amalgama…see here.  As you see it did turn out to have a bit more color than just black/white, but it was close.  It's been one of my goals to paint a few black/white paintings so this was perfect to get me going.  Working with a limited palette turned my focus more towards texture and design.  You can click on the image to see more of a close up. The canvases for these are in, so you should be more of these to come next month.  

WEB GALLERY

Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Artist