Thursday, January 23, 2014

Day TWENTY THREE


'Little Miracle'
Acrylic on 10" x 10" x 3/4" canvas
Commission

SOLD

Day TWENTY THREE….of the "30 paintings in 30 days"challenge.  Several commission paintings have came my way as a result of the figurative abstracts I have done for this challenge.  My initial thoughts with the photo for this painting where purely visual….colors, patterns, what would I do with the background, what to include/exclude, dominate features, how to deal with going from a rectangle to a square, etc.,  But in painting it, I became more focused and picked up more of the emotional aspects of the painting.  My thoughts went to the adoration and the togetherness that both of these parents have for their daughter.  Loved painting this piece.


Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Artist


No comments: