Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Figurative Abstract Painting "Venture" by Elizabeth Chapman


Venture
Acrylic on 12" x 12" canvas

Commission (sold)

ORIGINAL 2016

If interested in commissioning a figurative abstract or for more information, email me: elizabethchapman@artlover.com


One more. I think. This is the last one just completed from a series I've done over the last month. Scroll down to see the others. There's a lot of paint on those mountains! They weren't easy. I really kinda hate that I'm done with these, as I was developing a rhythm.  Beginning with a sketch, then going to the background and back into the figures. For the next session, I begin with the figures going into the background. Lastly, I work back and forth merging, working with soft/hard edges. Somewhere there towards the end I push myself to work with out the photograph as I'm needing to remember that this is a figurative abstract  and not a realistic painting.

Visit my website to see more of my modern abstract paintings: HERE

Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Painting

No comments: