Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Modern Abstract "Thrice" by Elizabeth Chapman


Thrice
Acrylic on 8" x 10" x 1 3/4" wood panel

ORIGINAL 2016

Available from my Etsy store: HERE

or contact me: elizabethchapman@artlover.com


Visit my website to see a complete portfolio of my abstract paintings: HERE


I love this painting! Definitely in the modern abstract camp. This was meant to be a small piece on paper to which I would use to learn mounting on cradle board, which is basically a wood panel.  You can check it out here which is the same place that I have been purchasing my canvases from for years. It was relatively easy, easy to do. You want to make sure that you varnish your painting before mounting and paint the sides of the cradle board. In this case it is a 1 3/4" depth side that I painted black. Then simply cover (don't be stingy here) the back with a mixed media paste and attach to board.  Use a printmaker's roller on the front being sure to press down firmly flattening and wiping excess media from sides.  Don't worry, it all dries clear. When dry I coated the top and sides with an additional coat of varnish. That's it!   Turned out beautifully and plan on mounting more of my abstracts this way. So easy with a very professional finish.

Elizabeth Chapman
Modern Abstract Artist

No comments: