Monday, August 24, 2015

Modern Abstract Expressionistic Painting "Effluvium" by Elizabeth Chapman


Effluvium
Acrylic on 36" x 48" canvas

ORIGINAL 2015

SOLD

To purchase contact me: elizabethchapman@artlover.com

Visit my website: HERE

Definition: 1640s, from Latin effluvium "a flowing out"


Each painting is a new and exciting journey. Every painting has it's two sides, front and backside.  The front side is visual, that is what the viewer sees. Then there is the backside, the untold story, that is the process. Thought I would give a little behind the scenes today.  The inspiration came from my desire to paint another painting like one that I had recently sold. You see, I really missed "Seraphic" .  I began in my studio, one morning, early before the sun had even came up with that initial spark. No music this time, just the quietness and solitude of the early hours.  Enjoying the time, decided to follow and paint in stillness.  As I was finishing up that first session, and stood back to look at the painting the sun was just beginning to come up. The colors that I was seeing outside through the window just to left of my easel where spectacular!  A gift.  This is when I began realizing that the painting on the easel was going to have a story of it's own. "Let go, and allow this painting to be it's own unique self," I told myself. Later as I worked through this painting it became bolder with each passing day. I'll have to admit there were times that I continued to think that I was going to take it to the same softness as Seraphic.  It continued to let me know that it wasn't going to happen. I am so glad that it didn't, as I love this one just as it is...a flowing out.


Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Artist

2 comments: