Sunday, May 3, 2015

Floral Abstract Painting "Spring's First" by Elizabeth Chapman


Spring's First
Acrylic on 22" x 28" canvas

ORIGINAL 2015

Available

This painting may be purchased from my Etsy Store: HERE or contact me: elizabethchapmanart@gmail.com 

Visit my website: HERE


Fresh off the easel. Slipping another floral abstract into the inventory.  I was downstairs in my studio working on a figurative abstract commissioned piece when I decided to take a break. Coming up the stairs, I found this beautiful bouquet of purple and yellow irises sitting there on the table. Turned out, my mother-in-law had came by and dropped these flowers off.  She has what I believe to be one of the most beautiful floral gardens in our area. Right away, I knew I would be doing something artistic with these gems. I took pictures to work with later. 

As the day went along, I just kept thinking about these.  I had a canvas on the easel that I had started with a few days earlier, but had not progressed much.  I began thinking about how this arrangement would fit into that canvas. Well, that got it going.  I went and got the canvas brought it upstairs and began with a charcoal gesturally drawing. Of course, now I'm thinking about color. So, back down to the studio to paint. I took the bouquet with me.  As one thing led to the next, a painting had been completed on a day with no plans for this kind.

Hope to create a few more floral abstracts from Norma's garden this summer!

Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Artist

No comments: