Thursday, May 7, 2015

Figurative Abstract Painting "Brother's and I" by Contemporary Abstract Artist Elizabeth Chapman


Brother's and I
Acrylic 16" x 18" canvas

Commission Sold

Visit my website to see more of my abstract paintings: HERE


I was contacted through my Etsy shop and asked if I wouldn't consider painting a figurative abstract. It was from a very special time in which these siblings had been re-united while visiting a brother who was recovering from injuries while having been deployed.  I was puzzled as Etsy was not the place that I had done these, so...how did she know about them?  Later, she told me she had seen them on Instagram and had really like them. Would I do one for her?  Immediately, upon seeing the photograph ideas began to formulate. So, how could I not?  Although, these always do make me a bit nervous to paint I will.  Maybe it's because I don't want to offend anyone by the way I have abstracted them and because I know how special the photograph means to them. It's really more about capturing a feeling for the painting than a realistic representation.

I don't do these often enough and should as they've been well received. I have decided to begin a listing for them in my Etsy shop. It won't be on there for a few more weeks, so in the mean time if your reading and think you might be interested contact me: elizabethchapmanart@gmail.com

Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Painting


No comments: