Friday, January 10, 2014

DAY TEN


Arioso
Acrylic on 30"H x 48"W gallery wrap canvas
Available

SOLD

Day TEN…the post on day ten is very encouraging, a must read! Joining the "30 paintings in 30 days" has definitely helped me to become more focus and disciplined, especially after going through the holidays.  There is much more to gain from it than producing a painting a day.  For me it's been more about getting back in and painting each day. Somedays, this will produce a painting, other days it may just be a continuation. I'll be spending the weekend painting and photographing to hopefully have more inspirations from my studio to share!

This painting which feels as if it has musical undertones actually all came together at the very end. It is an example of sometimes you just gotta take that risk.  The colors were working but there just was something, I knew it just wasn't coming together. I had decided that I was just going to have to mark it up, dividing the canvas into sections and paint from there.  In desperation,  done with painting, this one will have to wait till later, I took my vine charcoal and boldly made the black lines.  It didn't matter to me, as I would use this as a starting point to paint from later.  When done, I stood back and wow!  LOVED  it…continued on with color and circles.

Have a wonderful weekend!


WEB GALLERY

No comments: