Friday, May 4, 2012

Floret, Contemporary Floral Abstract Painting, ORIGINAL by Elizabeth Chapman



'Floret'

Contemporary Abstract Palette Knife Painting

24" x 30" x 1.5" canvas

ORIGINAL

SOLD


When I first began painting professionally I worried about my not sticking with one particular style.  I painted realistically with transparent watercolor in a classically style and then would also waiver toward the more abstract.  There was also various subject matters and the florals were a part of that.  I thought I needed to make a decision as to what kind of an artist I would be known for...abstract, realistic, watercolorist, florals, hearts, etc.   Well...I've loosened up ALOT since then....and also was encouraged  to have found many other versatile artists.  I have found that there are times when it is refreshing to be able to change  and work in a different genre, media, subject matter, etc.  

"Floret" is another painting from this break that I have taken from the abstracts.  It was also painted with a palette knife in a gesturally style with the desire to capture more of a feeling of this Peony still life than a realistic representation. 


For purchasing information contact me: elizabethchapman@artlover.com


To see my more of my paintings please visit my web gallery by clicking here.


Elizabeth Chapman
Missouri Contemporary Abstract Painter


No comments: