Thursday, April 19, 2012

Abstract Painting "Cabaret" an Original Contemporary Expressionistic Painting by Missouri Artist Elizabeth Chapman

'Cabaret'
Acrylic on 12" x 12" x 3/4" canvas
Available

To purchase contact: elizabethchapman@artlover.com





This painting went through several distinct stages before this emerged...and I love it!! so, I stopped! Lots of surface texture as I was playing with the modeling paste again.

What's next?  Well, I have found myself being inspired by flowers lately and have been revisiting photos of flowers from years past.  The peonies are blooming!.... just got to capture a painting of those.  It has been a most wonderful Spring here in Missouri this year.  If you've ever visited my web gallery you would have noticed that I have several categories of abstract paintings.  My main focus is the large abstract paintings, but I also work with floral abstracts and there is also a heart series.   It is refreshing for me to work with these various categories.

Lately, I have been feeling inspired by flowers...

so, I will follow.....

stay tuned!


To see a complete portfolio of my abstract paintings please visit my web gallery:
elizabethchapman@artlover.com



Elizabeth Chapman
Missouri Contemporary Abstract Painter

1 comment:

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Looking forward to your flower explorations!