Sunday, August 28, 2011

Breakaway, Contemporary Expressionistic Abstract Painting, Original Art, Colorful Abstract Painting, Elizabeth Chapman


"Breakaway"

Acrylic on 12" x 12" x 3/4" canvas
If interested in this painting please contact me: Elizabeth







I love these colors!  and I love playing! Just walking into the studio, picking up a canvas without any agenda...other than...to create. As an artist, expectations can get in the way of this creating, it blocks it by taking the flow away.   I'm presently reading a good book that speaks about this need that we all have in our lives to play.  Interested?! ...here it is: "Free Play, Improvisation in Life and Art" by Stephen Nachmanovich....I highly recommend this one.

But Jesus said, "Let the children come to me. Don't stop them!  For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children." Matthew 19:14








No comments: