Thursday, August 25, 2011

Presence, Contemporary Expressionistic Abstract Painting, Elizabeth Chapman


"Presence"
Acrylic on 16" x 20" x 3/4" canvas




I have not had much time lately to paint as we've been busy with helping our kids move and my parents have also been needing help.  We are now officially empty nesters!!  Not quite sure about it all....as I loved having a full house.  But....seasons change and these are necessary for growth.  

I actually painted this one before all the business of this last week.  As I worked I was thinking about the peace and the feeling of never actually being alone because of God's love.  Practicing the presence of this love in my life helps me.


For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." Hebrew 13:5





4 comments:

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Before I had read your post I do what I always do, open your art piece up big so I can soak in the details. Right away i was struck by it's calming feel.
So you are onto a new leg in the journey, it includes teaching this year does it not?

Elizabeth Chapman said...

Thank you Bren,,. yes, the beginning of a new chapter. I'll be classroom teaching (art) on Monday's at a homeschool academy. .....and still painting!!!

NORA KASTEN said...

Elizabeth, your painting and your words speak to me.
Blessings to you. . . nora

Art Epicurean said...

Elizabeth- Beautiful work...once again. As you said, seasons change...in life and in our lives. This new season will bring new self realizations and take comfort that this is part of the master plan.