Thursday, October 29, 2009

'Life Cycle' Contemporary Floral Abstract Painting by Elizabeth Chapman"



'Lifecycle'


Acrylic Palette Knife Painting
8" x 8" canvas panel


SOLD


This painting speaks to me at various levels.  There is first of all the appearance of various levels of depth beginning with the largest floral in the top right quadrant moving to the bottom left then to the top left and ending with the smallest bloom in the bottom right quadrant.  I like the movement this creates!  It also speaks to me about life as it cycles through stages each having a beauty of its own.  The inspiration began from a photograph..... but soon departed as the creative flow took hold!!

To see more of my abstract florals visit my web gallery by clicking here.

More daily abstract paintings can be seen by clicking here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

A beautiful analogy of the life cycle Elizabeth....death, birth, full bloom and emergence....wonderful

emma said...

love this!

Journal Swag said...

Hello, I adore, ADORE, ADORE this painting! More than anything I've seen in a long time! (It looks like most you have another cool follower named Sheila, and we both spell it correctly)!

Hugs from the Pacific NW,

Sheila