Friday, October 30, 2009

'Engaged' Gestural Abstract Painting by Elizabeth Chapman


To purchase click here


This is a smaller gestural painting that I have done as a study for a larger painting that I would like to do.  It was taken while I was with a friend at a local Japanese Garden.  The couple who were so obviously "in love" (thus the title) had just strolled by and stopped to snap this pic. I took my shot from the back side as this women  is kneeling on the ledge and posing for the photograph being taken by her boyfriend (fiance?) from the other side.  Can you see her?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes I can. Wow... I am learning so much from your paintings. I want you to know that.

Manon said...

Wow... I do see her! This is fabulous Elizabeth.... wonderful work!

Elizabeth Chapman said...

Thank you both!