Thursday, May 21, 2009

Upcoming Art Show! June 5th - July 1st at Hawthorn's Gallery


As I began this journey in pursuing work as a professional artist nearly one year ago, I never ever dreamed I would be showing my work in a gallery so soon. Their are nearly fifty pieces that will be shown at Hawthorn's Gallery beginning with the First Friday Night Art Walk on June 5th and running through the month of June.

The works range from realistic, to semi-abstract to purely abstractly- from working in mixed media, to transparent watercolors to acrylics- from traditional to contemporary- from very small to very large pieces- subject matter also ranges from florals to abstract and prices range from the smallest pieces (4"x4") 20-25$ to the largest pieces (3ftx4ft) $500. A variety of many sorts.

If you live around the Springfield area and can attend I promise you will enjoy the show. Those of you who can't attend because of distance I thought I would post the majority of these pieces online for your enjoyment each day.
Those of you have been following since last fall, some of these you will have already seen. To all of you, I just want you to know how much I have appreciated the encouragement you have sent me through your comments. It has meant soooooooooooooo much to me! Thank you!

This piece was one of the first pieces to be in a juried art show. It is a mixed media piece, meaning their are layers of rice paper, acrylic and watercolor paint. It is one of the smaller pieces (8"x10") that has been matted and framed in an antiquish frame. The title of the piece is Mt. Zion.
For any further information on this piece, you can contac me or Hawthorn's Gallery.

I will try not to be so wordy each day as I post these paintings from the show! You can also view these along with my new daily paintings on the daily painters abstract gallery blog each day. There are some spectacular works from other artist's on there. I would love to hear of your favorites. Enjoy the show!!
Elizabeth

No comments: