Tuesday, November 26, 2013

a start



Progress image of "Majesty"
40" x 40" x 1.5"

I hope to show images of this painting as it progresses.  It was started this morning and photographed in my studio under not the best lighting, but you get the idea.  When I finished laying down this foundation with the colors that I've been wanting to work with, I had no idea where I would go next.  I am now in the tossing various ideas around for the next step. It's really kinda exciting to have something started to ponder possibilities  ...and this will be exactly where I will be at for the next few days before I getting back to work.  Happy Thanksgiving.


Please visit my WEB GALLERY to see completed abstracts.


Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Artist

2 comments:

Sea Dean - Paint a Masterpiece said...

I think I've said this here before, but I think this is perfect just the way it is. Perhaps stop here and start another canvas copying the base like Matisse did. The next time you take a photo repeat until you have a series of paintings. They would probably all sell if you choose to market them as a series.
:)

Elizabeth Chapman said...

Thanks...it's difficult to know when to stop, especially when they occur so quickly. WIth this one I probably won't be able to keep my hands off. SO,...we'll see where it goes!