Wednesday, April 3, 2013

just for fun......


'Softwood'
Acrylic on 48" x 48" x 1.5" wrap canvas

Available 

To purchase contact me: elizabethchapman@artlover.com

or

may be purchased through PayPal from Web Gallery: HERE


What can I say.... this painting definitely started out as a way different  painting that I really liked and had almost gotten there with, but seemed to have lost my momentum on it.   It hung on the wall for over a week until I was willing and ready to let go of it should I not be able to pick up where I left off and it totally change on me.  I did begin with trying to hold on to it and so there was some struggling as it was wanting to go in a different direction.  I kept with it....and then it happened!  All the pre-conceived thoughts of what is right, will it sell,,etc., etc.( you know the stuff that causes artist's block), disappeared being replaced with "oh, whatever, just have fun".  Fun it was!

....and I LOVE it!!


To see more of my abstract paintings please visit my Web Gallery: Here

Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Artist

1 comment:

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

It's a great piece! So get that struggle, and then the release into the wild, love it!