Friday, January 1, 2016

New 2016 Mini Abstract "Bellucci" by Modern Abstract Expressionist Painter Elizabeth Chapman


Bellucci
Acrylic on 8" x 8" canvas
$100

ORIGINAL 2016

"Belluci" is the first posted and listed painting for 2016!

Currently releasing these small abstracts to my Etsy store; HERE







These are the newest mini abstract paintings (8" x 8") that I have been working on during the latter part of 2015. Oddly enough, they are much more difficult for me than working on a large canvas.  This is the first time that I have worked on so many of them at the same time. Ordinarily, I would always begin and finish one at a time.  I began hanging them on this wall (minus four others that are on another wall) as way to see them all at once. In many ways this gave me the same perspective that I have as I'm working on a large canvas. So many of the times it can be a difficult thing to walk away from a canvas when you don't know how it's going to finish.  Hanging these on the wall was a lot like standing back and critiquing a large canvas. When I would walk back in on these there would be one that caught my eye telling me the next step. Often times I would have two I worked on at a time and then back up to the wall they would go.  Maybe done, maybe not...it wasn't until I could look at the wall and not see any changes that they felt completed.

The plan is to continue, only this time I'm going to work them alongside the larger pieces that I typically paint. These are a good way of continuing to work through times of creative healing or times that are going to change your working time and space, such as vacations, holidays, etc..,  I feel like I nurtured each one of these into their own special piece.  These paintings could be purchased to hang as singles, pairs or collected for a wall display. The price for the new minis are being listed at $100 with the price of the older ones staying the same, $85 in case you should wonder as to why the difference.  This does include shipping to any where in the continental US.

I've been so waiting to get these out!

May 2016 be a joyful year!


Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Artist




No comments: