Monday, December 22, 2014

Small abstract painting "Tiptop" by Elizabeth Chapman


Tiptop
Acrylic on 8" x 8" x 3/4" canvas

SOLD

Making my list and checking it twice!  Actually, I have gotten all my holiday shopping done and am contemplating the ordering of new paints.  I've always bought my titanium white in a large 32oz jar as I use a lot of it. Recently, I have decided to purchase the basic colors in this size as well. Cadmium Yellow Med.  in a large jar was an easy decision as it gets mixed into nearly every color. Which red though? Should I get the Cadmium Red Dark and add yellow for my lighter reds? or should I get the Cadmium Red Medium  and add Allizarin  or Ultramarine Blue for the darker Reds? or maybe I should go with one of each in the smaller jars for now until I know for sure. Ultramarine will be my choice for blue. Anyway, I'm working on limiting my colors which would involve more mixing, but would also be more economical.  I use heavy body Golden Acrylic paints which I order from Jerry's Artarama or Dick Blick is another online source. 

This small abstract painting can be purchased from my Etsy Shop: here. , where I have been listing and selling (yay!... thank you), as they are completed.  Two large 40" x 40" and twenty-eight more 8" x 8" canvases are on there way! Excited for the fresh start of a new year in the studio!!

A complete portfolio of available large abstract paintings can be viewed in my website: HERE


May God Bless your new year with much joy and love!



Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Artist








No comments: