Friday, December 26, 2014

Dog portraits "Dapper Dolly and "Steely Steve" by Elizabeth Chapman


Dapper Dolly
Acrylic on 8" x 8" x 3/4" canvas
NFS




Steely Steve
Acrylic on 8" x 8" x 3/4" canvas
NFS


I had to wait to share these as they were Christmas presents to our son-in-laws, Jeremy and Trey.  I chose two images from their instagram photos that felt captured the personality of their dogs.  Really wasn't for sure that I would be able to pull them off.  A rough sketch, outlining and placing them was the first step.  Eyes were next, and worked my way out from there.  Smiles came as I began to see the faces and personalities emerge.   Lots of fun to paint and give away..and it's only just begun!


A full portfolio of my paintings can be viewed: HERE


Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Artist

No comments: