Tuesday, September 16, 2014

"Brave" Earth Tone Abstract Painting by Contemporary Artist Elizabeth Chapman


Brave
Acrylic on 36" x 36" x 1.5" wrap canvas

ORIGINAL 

Can you believe I worked on this one along side the three previous posted paintings? (scroll down) Quite different.  I believe it's ok to give yourself permission to try new things and to play.  Artists need this.  Even though this painting is more along the lines of the style I have developed over the years, there was experimenting with new ideas.  For one, working more with a vertical composition and secondly, using more neutralized color mixed from a limited earth tone palette.  Small steps, but never the less.

Planning to continue working with the paintings on watercolor paper alongside the canvases. Seems to be helping to allow more creative freedom working on several paintings at a time.  I'm wanting to try incorporating/merging drawing and painting from observation with the abstract.  Feel like creatively, I've been in the wilderness lately.  Just needing to remember that it is all part of the process? Expect more changes!


A portfolio with available paintings can be viewed in my online gallery by clicking: HERE
Enjoy! and please feel free to contact me for more information: elizabethchapman@artlover.com


Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Paintings


1 comment: