Monday, September 22, 2014

Abstract Heart Painting "Butterfly Kisses" by Elizabeth Chapman



Butterfly Kisses
Acrylic on 12" x 12" x 1.5" wrap canvas



Several weeks ago I posted "Fancy" HERE, one of the first heart paintings created specifically for a new gallery that was to open in Sedona, Arizona shortly after the first of the year.  There was to be a large wall with heart abstract paintings.  Inspired and excited I created several new heart abstracts.  Recently, I learned that the lease for this new gallery fell through and so....well, not this time.  Guess I'll continue what I do, offering them from my website.  I'm going to be posting and listing them this week. However, don't be surprised to see them again nearing Valentine's Day!...unless their sold before then.  Ya, better grab one now!

This one is a favorite of mine.  I fought it for a while...ok, quite a while trying to make a large heart the predominant element.  Sometimes, the expectations of previous heart paintings can get in the way of the creative flow.  Not matter, a butterfly was there.  So, I finally decided to give it up and let it be. Perhaps representative of lots of love with butterfly kisses!  

Visit my website to see a complete portfolio of available paintings by clicking: HERE


Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Artists