Saturday, December 29, 2012

2012 Changes...ORIGINAL Contemporary Abstract Painting "Intrigue" by Elizabeth Chapman


Intrigue
Acrylic on 24" x 48" x 1.5" wrap canvas


All in the process.... and what a long one this one has been. This painting has gone through several phases beginning with the first one in January of 2012.  Click here to see that blog post.  I just was not totally satisfied with that painting. so in March it under went another change, to be seen here.  Still, it continued to tug on me and so I decided to make a few more adjustments .... and well ended up with a totally new painting!  But, it will keep the same title..."Intrigue".

And yes...it is finished!


Speaking of changes....we are very excited and happy for our daughter Emma who just became engaged the day after Christmas!!  I have opened a tab at the top of this page titled "Family" where you can read about and see pics of this special occasion.  Our kids got us iPads for Christmas and are encouraging us to join instant gram. So, there you go...a new years resolution to take and post more family photos.  My intention is to also share them with you!


Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Painter

1 comment:

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Congratulations to Emma! How wonderful, looking forward to seeing those pictures. I love that your girls keep you up to date on all this techie stuff, I'm so out of the loop, so as you learn and share, I learn too. Now to get an ipad!
Isn't it amazing the way a painting will morph over time? What I noticed with this one is a move towards a quieter, calming look, interesting change, these kinds of changes in our art always makes me wonder what my inner space is crying out for or to express. Have a inspired new year!