Saturday, June 9, 2012

Harvest, Contemporary Expressionistic Abstract Painting by Elizabeth Chapman

'Harvest'

Acrylic on a 36" x 36" x 1.5" canvas

To purchase or for more information contact me: 
elizabethchapman@artlover.com



 


If you've been following my blog you have probably noticed that lately I've been all over the place.  I have been working on some newer large abstracts, like this one that I am posting. Also, I have started a new pool side series which is more along the lines of figurative abstract, worked on a commission, small abstracts, floral abstracts and now... there is a new collection of small heart abstract paintings.  So, what's next?.....ah...rest...and then....more painting!!!

This abstract is my painting more with neutral colors mixed in with the bright colors, which is something that I had been wanting to work with and would like to pursue some more.  The colors, like the last one that I did, remind me of fall.  It was painted exclusively with a palette knife and once again was not signed at the time that I took this photo.  Once I saw the photo, I loved it just as it was so there were no more changes to make. It will be signed, rephotograph and sealed before it leaves.....
 could be to your space!


 Click here to see more of my contemporary abstracts.


Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Artist

1 comment:

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

It's a beautiful piece, nice balance with just the right amount of pop colour contrast. I love seeing the variety in your work explorations, you've been a busy girl!