Monday, February 13, 2012

"Refuge" Abstract Palette Knife Painting, Original Contemporary Art by Elizabeth Chapman


'Refuge'

Acrylic on 24" x 30" x 1.5" canvas
Click on image for larger view




Inspiration came from a view through our front window of the bare trees against the cold wintry sky.  I am so thankful that in our modern age we are able to enjoy the elements of nature without being exposed to them.  Provision has been given to us were a place of safety and protection can be found, our refuge.

This is a palette knife painting and is different for me as I was working with arches representing the trees as they crisscross. My husbands take on it was that it looked like mosaic stain glass in a cathedral and this added to the feeling of a sanctuary or place of refuge. If you are new to my site and would like to view my complete portfolio, it may be viewed in my web gallery.

www.melizabethchapman.artspan.com

No comments: