Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Dynasty, Modern Art, Contemporary Abstract, Original Painting, Elizabeth Chapman


'Dynasty'
Acrylic on 7" x 7" 300lb. paper
Original  


SOLD

Prints or cards of this painting available through Fine Art America, here.




These small abstract paintings are really quite challenging.   I LOVE this one and it has me inspired to do a larger red painting.  I had to work with adjusting this image to get it close to the appearance of the real painting,  as the reds can be difficult to photograph.  The bottom left hand corner is a bit red orange, but other than that it is very close.  The golds are metallic paints.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

Deb Ammerman said...

Love the colors in this! I can completely relate to the problems of getting the colors to look right in a photograph... I have better luck when I scan in small paintings... but for larger ones, it's a fight with the camera. Looks like you had fun with this. :)

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

The colours of Christmas! This is yummy, no wonder it inspired you to do another.

Elizabeth Chapman said...

Thank you, I appreciate and love reading your comments!