Thursday, October 20, 2011

Florum, Modern Art, Original Art, Expressionistic Abstract Painting, Elizabeth Chapman

'Florum'
Acrylic on 16" x 20" x 3/4" canvas
Available, $100.00,  click  here


 

Some days are spent more on the computer than on painting and is a very necessary part of being an Artist today.  As I was working online I realized that I had not posted this painting on my blog, which was actually completed a few weeks ago.  I will have some more small ones to post ....... AND there is a large one on the easel!  Yea ....... just trying to decide if it's finished or not.

This painting is a continuation of a new technique in which I've been working with a fairly stiff brush, blending and mixing the colors on the canvas.  I also used a roller to soften some edges and lastly work with the detailing.  To purchase this one or to get a sneak preview of the new small ones...click here....and scroll down.


1 comment:

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

This is really lovely, it's interesting to see you transition in how you've been painting. Funny, they still feel like you but still have a distinctive difference, softer, different mix of colours. Beautiful