Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Accord....Contemporary Expressionism Abstract Painting by Elizabeth Chapman


'Accord'
Acrylic on 24" x 48" x 1.5 gallery canvas
SOLD/contact: elizabeth

Something about the last painting I painted (last post) that sent me into this one.   A summerish feeling... like Indian Summer.   The weather has been absolutely gorgeous here this week here in Springfield.  Perhaps that did it too.  Working with a limited palette of mostly cool colors and few golds, it was much like a dance as I worked myself through the canvas.  This painting happened very quickly.  I began seeing circles emerging and went with those.  They remind me of how all things are united and held together, which reminds me of a verse Col 1:15-20, a good read if you have time.

A portion of it:
He existed before anything else, and he holds all creation together. Col 1:17

1 comment:

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

This is beautiful. Love that continual feeling to it and love hearing about how it all came to be :-)