Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mestizo....Modern Contemporary Abstract Painting by Missouri Artist Elizabeth Chapman


'Mestizo'

Acrylic on 36" x 36" x 1.5" canvas
Contact me to purchase: Elizabeth

SOLD


This painting began as a palette knife painting a lot like a previous painting of mine titled "Merge".  I studied it for several days before I went back in, this time with a roller and worked in the horizontals and verticals.  It was also painted with the bottom being the top, but then liked this viewpoint much better.  "Merge" was inspired by a travel show I had seen on T.V of Greece.  Guess I was in my Mediterranean mood again!

1 comment:

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

I love this, it's just brilliant. It makes me want to just stand and stare and maybe run my fingers over it's textures. Once again, a beautiful piece.