Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Enlightment.... Modern Contemporary Abstract Painting by Elizabeth Chapman


'Enlightment'
Acrylic on 12" x 12" canvas board, $75.00
Available for purchase from my website or contact me: elizabeth

I was working the other morning with a student of mine that is very expressionistic and loves to work abstractly.  I have a difficult time convincing her of the need to acquire  basic drawing skills.  So anyway, I talked her into one more lesson of working realistically drawing eyes and assured her she would have an a-ha moment when she would see this eye become realistic right before her eyes.  She was not all that convinced BUT she continued to work.... and then it happened!  She was SO excited and I was so happy for her.  That is what this painting reminded me of as I struggled with it but continued to work believing that that moment would appear... and then aha.. there it was!

No comments: