Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"Fresh"..... Modern Contemporary Watercolor Floral Abstract Impression by Elizabeth Chapman

Fresh
Mixed Media
Watercolor/Gouache/Acrylic on 140 lb. paper
$50.00   


Sold, Thank you Bev!!!

This is my impression of a rose working from a photograph.  I began by wetting my paper down and drawing with the Martin's watercolor droppers and then switching to the regular watercolor paints.  I also used a roller and at some point a wide tooth comb that was laying close by for texturing.  The final layers were a bit of lime green acrylic and liquid black and white for the gesturally lines. (Click on painting for close up)  When I work from a photograph as in this painting I will begin somewhat realistically as in the drawing of it, but then will  put the photo away in order to go with the creative flow of the painting. 

He has made everything beautiful in its time.   

No comments: