Monday, May 24, 2010

Fancy Flight... Modern Contemporary Original Abstract Expressionism Painting by Missouri Artist Elizabeth Chapman

Fancy Flight
Acrylic on 24" x 30" x 1.5" gallery canvas
Palette Knife Painting
Available

This is the painting I painted last Thursday night live at the Springfield/Branson airport for a benefit.  You can scroll down a few posts to see me busy at work at my easel.  I chose to work with a palette knife for this event because I knew it would be much easier to wipe my knife off than to deal with changing out water for brushes.  There were other fine arts there performing as well.  I began with a blank canvas that had been undercoated with a terra cotta gesso and no other idea.  The painting is a response or expression capturing the feeling or mood to the evenings Flight of Fancy event.

2 comments:

Manon said...

Lovely painting!! I love the idea of only using the palette knife. This is a very striking piece. Great job!!

Elizabeth Chapman said...

Hi Manon... thank you and thanks for dropping by!!