Friday, January 22, 2010

"Instinct"...Modern Floral Abstract Painting by Elizabeth Chapman



Instinct
Mixed Media on 5" x 7" paper


SOLD

To purchase contact: Elizabeth

This painting began as a realistic floral watercolor painting. (my realistic florals can be seen by clicking here)
After having already previously painted a realistic, I became a bit bored and wandered off into the abstract realm.  Later, I came back in with a more gesturally feel to the realistic image of the floral photo I was working with. All this happened without my giving it much thought, just following my instincts.  Mixed media materials include watercolor, gouache and acrylic paint.  A fun piece!!

3 comments:

Manon said...

The painting is wonderful! I like the addition of the line work!!

Emma said...

pretty! love you!

Unknown said...

This is Gorgeous! I love how you are just as exceptional with other mediums. Speaking of gorgeous...how is that precious Penelope doing?