Tuesday, November 10, 2009

'Fair Lady' Modern Contemporary Floral Abstract by Elizabeth Chapman



To purchase click here


Lately, I've been obsessed with painting these floral abstracts.  Most of them have been on these small 8" x 10" canvases.  It began as a test panel for one..... and has grown.. to... well several.  In the beginning stage they are inspired from floral photographs that I have taken in the past which I had used when I was painting the realistic florals.  The initial value study is soon over taken by color.  Black gestural lines are used in the end to capture the essence of the flower.  Lots of movement, color and texture!  I feel as if the ideas I am getting for just one photo are endless.  ..... and hey there is a whole stack of these photos!  So...  I'm off to find today's inspiration.

No comments: