Sunday, October 26, 2008

What's Up!

Sold
This week I finished painting and posting most all the abstracts I've painted for the new Etsy shop. I ended the week with this little abstract (not posted yet) and then I began another watercolor realistic painting. (posted on the far left. Not completed yet) What's up with that?! Two styles of painting that seem to be on opposite sides of each other.
I'm inspired by Georgia O'keefe and have been reading a biography of hers lately. This perhaps is helping to make some sense of it. At one point in her life she had given up on painting, when she was inspired by a certain teacher, that taught her it's more about making a beautiful space. It's how shapes are placed within a picture that express an idea. So, maybe more importantly is not style but design.
Last weeks abstracts are on Etsy. http://colorsplashes.etsy.com

No comments: