Thursday, January 3, 2019

Chartreuse



Chartreuse
Acrylic on 40 x 40 canvas

SOLD










2018 color year challenge. I was feeling a bit burned out/uninspired and so I created a challenge for myself at the beginning of the year. In reviewing my work I felt as if I had a pretty good handle on balancing color. Perhaps too good as I felt I needed to have more of a color dominance. The plan I made was to through the twelve color wheel colors. One per each month of the year. It began in January with yellow. This painting was from the yellow/green month. It was a challenge that did make me think about having a color that was a 'mostly.' There were times that I left the challenge for example if fI had a commission to work on, but I did always come back. The various color palettes can be seen on my website. For a while they were in color wheel order. This one was one of my favorites, titled Chartreuse. (mostly yellow/green) a 40 x 40 inch canvas that hung on my studio wall, brightening up those cold, gloomy winter days until it sold. The challenge did spur me on and it did make me think more about how I use color, moved me away from always using the same colors, helped my composition and taught me many other things. It was a challenge that I definitely learned a lot from. So, what's my 2019 challenge going to be? Hmmm....well I've been thinking about it. It is something that I feel I need to do more of....and it's not painting! Coming soon!